Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Too Many Tears

My dear friend from childhood surprised me with a phone call today. She was like a ray of sunshine on a cold, rainy and gloomy day. We started talking like magpies, as we always do. Being at the same stage in life_____happy grandmas , we are so very proud of the little people in our lives.

Bets is a very positive and uplifting person. however she has had a very sad loss in 2008. My heart hurts and aches for her. We talked about how everyone has situations that are worse than yours, but when you are trying to cope it is not much consolation. I listened to her express her feelings and I honestly wanted to take her back to our old neighborhood where summers were spent collecting lightening bugs in mayonaise jars and winters caught us making snow angels on days off from school after a storm.

They say time heals all wounds but time cannot patch up cracks that remain on a person's heart. That is where the Lord comes in and ministers to our needs even before we know what they are. My friend knows that and waits for time to take her tears away for a season. It is my prayer for many days of happiness and joy that she needs to fill those cracks. I love you, Bets.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure your friend felt better after talking with you , that's what good friends are for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
    I love you too, my wonderful blog-writing, happy, zany friend.
    Thank you for the lift.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete