Sunday, January 11, 2009

Looking Ahead With One Eye On The Rear View Mirror

Ah! January. The month after December where we had so much fun baking. cooking, tasting, and eating until our hearts were content. Now it is PAYBACK TIME! Like so many of us do, I dusted off the scale so I could read the dreaded number that would come up in the window. Well I hopped up on the scale (well actually I lumbered up I don't hop anymore) and peered through my dirty bifocals to see a shocking sight. My scale window said LO. Now WHAT does that mean? LO because I weigh too much to register a true weight or LO because it had to register LO to get a running start to get way up there again, or LO because the battery went dead because of decades of inactive use? I don't know. But I was depressed. Here I had committed on a new me in 2009 and the first thing I had planned on doing was get an accurate weight privately and my attempt was foiled. Well I did not dispair. I had a doctors appt. that week for a checkup. I was going to do what I have absolutely NEVER done before. I was going to ask to be weighed. Oh the horrors. So I put on my "big girl panties" I mean really big girl panties and told the nurse my plan for the new year and that I wanted a true weight. ( I even kept my sweater and shoes on)
Well when she gave me the verdict with a smirky smile on her face, I wanted to smack her. Nevertheless, it is what it is, and I am dealing with it.



It's times like these that it is never good to look back with regret at the way your life has turned out. But to look forward to the future and what and how you can make it better for yourself or your loved ones. The Lord always forgives and gives us a second chance if we are sincere in our efforts. All the fudge I snarfed up is all my fault and there sure was no one forcing it down my throat. Now I need to forgive myself and go forward.



I would love to continue visiting with you, but I have to go throw a scale in the garbage and go dust off my pilates machine. Gee I sure hope I don"t need any batteries.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy visiting your daughter's site and was pleased to discover yours as well. Welcome to blogging. It is a wonderful community, and you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, we're all "dealing with it". but wasn't that fudge good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam broke our scale months ago and I haven't the courage to buy another one.... I think there is a fair amount of denial taking place!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 maybe you should have taken your big-girl panties off before weighing.

    #2-are you kidding me?! the doctor's scale is the most dreaded in the world. you are sooo brave! lol...g

    ReplyDelete