Saturday, January 10, 2009

This is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Well, just call me a late bloomer, but I feel the need to blog. Yes, it is strange, I know. Ever since my daughter began the internet diary, I have enjoyed reading, commenting and learning new links. It seems that so many bloggers are women, newly married or have young children. None of the above applies to me. I have been married to the same man a very long time in today's standards. My children are grown and gone and are constantly teaching me the internet life. The little people in my family are my precious grandchildren. However, the creative side of me was drawn to this form of recording thoughts, ideas and hopefully suggestions for oneself or anyone else who may be a "blogging fiend".

I have always enjoyed walking or riding by homes where the lights are on and it looks so inviting, you wish you knew the occupants inside. I imagine what their life may be like. Blogging is somehting like that. Sharing your life to the ones who peer in your computer windows.

Everyone has a story to tell and who's more qualified to tell my story than Pat Allen?

My desire is to share from a (young) grandmother's perspective. A life who has "been there and done that" but who still has more to say. Please join me on this journey, as we learn from one another.

7 comments:

  1. This is great! I'm so proud of you and your new blog. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I look forward to keeping up with you via your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horray! (It's Carly's friend Erica). I'm so excited to get to "peek into your windows" and follow your posts. I will always remember enjoying the time spent inside your "real" windows so many years ago, and how welcoming it was to stay at your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I'm in Carly's sunday school class! I look forward to reading and soaking up your wisdom! Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello blogger friend! I agree, bring on the advice! I need all the help I can get. I am not a pro at blogging, but if you have any questions maybe I can return the favor of your wisdom. Look forward to many more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love, love, love it! pat, imagine that it is scrapbooking with words! i'm an instant fan...g

    ReplyDelete
  7. the above...it's me, gail

    ReplyDelete