Friday, January 16, 2009

A Good Day For Soup

Burrrrr! "Baby its cold outside!" As almost all of us are saying today. Even with the sun shining(thankfully) I want to stay close to the gas fireplace, which does put out some heat. All I can think of is eating soup. Now I am not an expert on soup ,even though I know what I like. ... Campbell's tomato soup is my all time favorite, as well as, Lipton's Noodle soup. (Have you seen that lipton's now makes it with extra noodles? umm good!

When I was growing up my grandmother, "Gam", (she was the original Gam), made the best homemade vegetable soup. Even as I was a young Mom, she was making and sharing a take home container with me. My kids called "it Gam's homemade Campbell soup." It was a meal in itself.

I have tried to make vegetable soup and it's ok,but it just does'nt taste like Gam's did. Maybe it was'nt so much the soup that I liked ,as much as ,my Gam's time and company.
I only hope that my own grandchildren, Will , Jordan Ann, Connor and Jack will have sweet memories of me, their Gammy. When they come to my house I may open a can of Campbell's tomato soup, but it will be the good time they had here at Gammy's that they remember when they are grown.

2 comments:

  1. they have memories of the soup AND the good times. you're wonderful at creating opportunities for good memories!

    wish we had some vegetable soup tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember eating chicken noodle soup at my grandmother's when she would keep me when I was sick. Although it was Campbell's soup, it always tasted better at her house than anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete