Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Landscaping Queens Were Here

This past weekend was my plan to do some container gardening with the help of my Mom and my sister. We started and as we looked around they were suggesting that some pruning was in order here and there. I said "I'll go and get the clippers". I had already bought flats of bedding plants but they never made it to the pots. My Mom started to tackle the barren flower beds as my sister became "Edward Scissorhands" to all the overgrown shrubs. I promise, I looked at her once and limbs were flying in every direction. When she got through all my shrubs had a haircut like kids get for going back to school. Neat and tidy, but you knew it was going to grow back one of these days. These two ladies definitely know what they are doing. I just let them go to it and was very grateful for the results.

It has been four days since the operation on my yard and the metamorphis has taken place so fast. We have had some good rain and I am now the proud owner of 7 yellow iris's that have come alive under the sun and a flowering quince that has just filled out perfectly. My hostas are growing and filling up a bed. It is so magical watching spring time waking up a yard from a long winters nap.

Thank you Mom and Jill for all your landscaping help. I know you went home to get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment