Monday, March 16, 2009

Boy Did They Miss A Big Sale

Did you ever have a really good idea and things just did'nt pan out? I was going to a doctors visit today and knew that I would pass a wonderful nursery for bedding plants, ferns and perenials. It just so happens that I have the bug to do some container gardening. It is that time of year to pretty up around the front door and add some much needed interest to my patio with plants that will "show off" all through the summer.

So off I go with check book in hand ready to find all the flowers I love and the ones that would love me back by growing profusely just where I put them. I pulled up as close as I could get to the closed fence. "They must have forgotten to unlock that gate" I said to another garden enthusiast. Nope the other gate was locked also. OK I had a check book in my hand ready to use, did'nt they know? I even saw plants I wanted but was prepared to hear that " they had not come in yet". I even had my sister coming this week who has a very green thumb as opposed to my pale gray one. My plan was to pull the Huckleberry Finn caper (where you get someone else to do your job. ) Hence, my sister! She is very good!

Right now all I have are some very dirty pots with some of last years dead unidentifiable crunchy weeds in them. Luckily I still have a few days to scout out some new nursery who will appreciate an eager customer when they see me. It's that time of year. Happy Planting!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling the same way! so ready for color at my house. when you finally find a good place, get me some, too!

    ReplyDelete