Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And The Planting Begins

If you have been reading my latest blogs you know that I have "spring fever". That means several trips to nurseries to find just the right plants for my container gardening. I started this morning only to find out I have more plants than pots to put them in. That seems to be the story my life lately...not enough pots.

Yesterday I found some great plants that really work for my type of gardening. Begonias, dusty miller, sweet potatoe vine, coreopsis and creeping jenny will all do nicely in large pots for instant color in a small space. Adding two mombo ferns will round out the look I like on my patio.

The look of my nails right now tells me what time of year this is, and no gloves because they are too cumbersome. Anyway I feel more like a true gardener getting my hands in the dirt. I will continue to browse my garden magazines as I search for something brand new to add as I step out of my "horticulture comfort zone.

Go get your hands dirty...its time.

1 comment:

  1. oh, i'm chomping at the bit for my own plants! wes noticed the one you got us and asked where it came from. i say, "my mom". he said, "wow, do you want to go get some more on Saturday?" i'm very excited!! thanks for my plant to let him know it's time to get hte ball rolling!

    ReplyDelete