Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wish I Were A Kid Again

Daughter and grand kids met me at Toys R Us today. We were scoping out ideas for upcoming birthdays in April and May. Out of four grandchildren, 3 of them are in the spring. I was just taking my time looking at all the wonderful and creative toys that are available that are absolutely foreign to me, but I wanted so many of them. Yes that is right.... there were dolls I would cuddle with tonight and books that would put me to sleep with happy dreams also. The life size doll houses surely would have replaced some of the cardboard boxes I mutilated on a regular basis. Sometimes I think I was born to early. I loved my childhood but had I had the offerings of today, maybe I would be a Harvard graduate. Oh who am I kidding...Harvard's weather would have been to cold for me.

I am happy that my four grandchildren will have the opportunities that this society offers. I will just have to be satisfied to look and not touch even when MY child is telling me to "hurry up Gammy".

1 comment:

  1. Did I say, "Hurry up, Gammy?" I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rush you. Would you have preferred that I use my "one more time" tactic on you, too?

    We can go back another day. (That's my other tactic with JA. So far, it works fine.)

    I had a great time today with you! The kids did, too.

    ReplyDelete