Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Seasonal Decorating

Do you like to change your decor with the seasons? I definitely do! When the weather starts to lighten up and the days and nights are warmer, I try and shed the winter coat on the inside with fabrics of a lighter weight.

For example, I put my throws, afgans, even certain throw pillows in the closet so they will be new again in September when the "fall bug" hits. Of course my furniture never changes, but my surroundings can.

I may mix up my mantle arangement with lighter looking accessories. My grandmothers old clock will always be a focal point but some heavy antique finials will change places with airy silk flowers. I have a collection of large vases and pots that play musical chairs with the seasons and vie for center stage on a pine table or antique chest.

I enjoy collecting placemats that get swapped out for just the right look on my pine dining table. Sometimes the look I love is a shiny polished table with an old large dough bowl in the center only.

It doesn't matter how much or how little you have. With some "garage sale finds" you can create alot of different looks to suit any taste. Some of my grandmothers antiques are at home with the thrift store bargains as anything you could find in an up scale store.

To me the whole point of decorating your home is to create a haven for anyone who enters it. But more importantly it has to be a place where I love to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment