Sunday, February 15, 2009

Some Friends Never Change.

Well I am finally back. Have had computer problems since my last post. Can anyone relate? Let's see...valentine's day has come and gone. Hope you had a good one. My funny valentine (meaning he makes me laugh) and I have had a fun filled weekend visiting with friends we had when all of us were first married. Some of us have not seen each other for some 30 years. Saturday night it was a marathon of laughing and reminiscing of old times. Some stories were fact and others were definitely fiction. There were pictures of grown children and dear grandchildren that were shared. We all stayed up later than any of us usually can, but none of us wanted the night to end.

As I have said before "there is nothing like being with people who knew you when, yet they still like you." Friendships come and go, life goes by, but some people will be there for a time and others remain constant no matter how many years are involved.

This group has had some trials and tribulations, as most do in this life. But THIS group all has the assurance of the Lord in their lives who has seen them through.

As I ponder the wonderful thoughts and images of the weekend, I smile and sometimes laugh out loud. We all vowed to not let so much time go by before another party.
Thank you Eddie & Jane, Goober & Marijon and Wilson & Joan for being in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun time! I bet there were some fun stories told that night that no one had thought about in years!

    ReplyDelete