Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Knit One Purl Two

Today I have signed up to take a couple of knitting lessons in the next few weeks. Carly, my daughter is going to join me. We both know how to crochet and my Gam taught me to knit when I was about 10 years old. That was many, many moons ago. I just need to do something with my hands and a refresher course is going to be needed. So Knitting Studio here we come....

At Christmas I always decorate with two red caps that Gam knitted for my boys when they were small. They are either on a stuffed bear or I place them on the post of a rocking chair. This year all four of my grandchildren went straight to the hats and put them on their heads without being told. It was part of the trip to Gammy's house.


Memories are so important to me that it is time for the next Gammy to leave something handmade for the next generation. However, when I walked into the Knitting Studio, I spotted the most beautiful shawl I have ever seen. Now the owner told me that I would need to work into that project. That is my goal! I am slowly accomplishing some of my new years (things to do in 2009).

Does anyone out there knit? Oh another thing that appeals to me is to find a knitting bag for all my stuff. I love stuff! Any project I have ever started I have enjoyed the process of gathering up everything I would need for the particular craft. In this case it will be all different sizes of needles, colorful skeins of yarns and different pattern books. Wow, maybe I should just get a bag and forget the knitting. No just kidding!

1 comment:

  1. I know Carly is so glad that you are closer so that they two of you get to do things like this together!! Part of the fun is buying all your equipment and something sassy to keep it in!

    ReplyDelete