Friday, June 12, 2009

THE RIGHT TIMING

I am at the stage in my life where I covet the riding carts at the grocery store. I have started planning my time to go when I think it will be a lighter crowd so I will be assured to claim my favorite mode of transportation . Now believe me, I never thought in my life would I be scrambling to get out my door to beat the store manager to the produce section.

Earlier this week I attempted to go during the rush hour. BIG MISTAKE!! I waited for 30 minutes for someone to come and relinquish MY cart. I was about to give up when a friendly bagger asked if he could help by finding one. He tried unsucessfully but made it a point to check back with me periodicaly. Finally my time came and I burned rubber to gather the items on my list.

Today I was up and out to beat all the "other" little old ladies. I walked through the doors to see five shiny plugged in carts reving up for my pick. I was in "grocery cart" heaven. I happily climbed aboard my "speed machine" and left dust.

Now I would say "see you in the grocery store", but I don't want any competion . If you should be there remember... don't mess with MY CART!!!

1 comment:

  1. I go early with the kids to try and avoid any meltdowns and avoid a big audience for any such meltdown that should occur!

    ReplyDelete