Friday, June 19, 2009

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes


Two nights ago my daughter and two grandchildren came for "sketti dinner". It was the usual chattering chaos, when Carly said "Mom, did you understand what Jack just said to you?" I had to admit that I did not. She told me "he was saying the fruits of the spirit". After I picked up my jaw off the floor, I said "WHAT"? She then told me that he was learning since Jordan Ann has been reciting them. Well I have always known them but could only recall six of the nine. I asked Jordan Ann to tell me and she ripped off all nine without studdering one time.

Ok LORD thank you for having the little children lead me. I got out my Bible and looked u p the scipture verse (Galatians 5:22) and have memorized the fruits and prayed that I can constantly strive to live them in my daily life, but only with the Lords help.

My two grandchildren did what no preacher might have been able to do in my life.

Now they might not understand what each fruit is, but my prayer is, as they grow, for them to see each one exemplfied in their Gammy's life.

Yes, out of the mouths of babes. What else will they teach me?

Just a thought...what if our country would read Galatians 5:22?

No comments:

Post a Comment