Friday, November 13, 2009

Smells Of The Season

My favorite time of the year has begun. I love to start thinking of the holidays and making plans.
One of my traditions is to brew on the stove a pan of a delicious concoction that will fill my home with a holiday aroma.
I started this when my children were small and they still remember and enjoy walking into my home with that particular smell happening. Now I want to create those memories for my grandchildren.

Mom's brew: sauce pan of water, add 6-7 whole cloves, 2 cinnamon sticks and the peelings from 1 orange and 1 lemon (cut the fruit in half if you have no peelings). Boil then turn down to simmer and enjoy. Your nose will thank you.

As we all get ready for the holidays to start lets try and enjoy this time remembering exactly why we have Christmas. Yes, a baby was born, but he grew and became a man who lived and died for us. Do you thank Him for all he has done? Do you talk to Him? Do you have Him in your heart? He is the true and only gift we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment