Saturday, September 26, 2009

Still Waiting For Fall

Yes indeed, I am still waiting for fall. The only thing that reminds you that fall is " 'a comin" are the decorations in the store. While it is hot enough to fry eggs on the sidewalks, I still have a great desire and need to decorate. So I did!!! When you think about it, we have a longer time to keep fall decorations up than Christmas. When the last pumpkin and garland of leaves are packed up and put in the attic after Thanksgiving, you might as well bring out Christmas. Makes sense to me.

Now it is not my fault that I tend to rush the seasons. All the stores know about me and when they see me coming get all excited for the economy for some reason. I know that somewhere on my person the word "sucker" is visible.

But life is too short for not enjoying simple pleasures like a festive arrangement on the dining room table or a gorgeous mantle adorned with the bounty of the season.

Wow I think I need to go get one more pumpkin. Happy decorating!

1 comment:

  1. I put fall decorations up last week...couldn't help myself!

    ReplyDelete